Activities & Attractions
These and many other attractions are a short drive from the Cottage:
- Milawa Gourmet Region
- King Valley Wine Region
- Alpine Resort Region
- Mountain Rail Trail Bicycle (Wangaratta to Bright)
Festivals and Events
- Wangaratta - Jazz Festival, Viva Italian Festival
- Milawa - Brown Brother Festival, Fit for a King, Easter Festival, La Dolce Vita, Beat the Blues, Milawa Muster
- Beechworth - Opera in the Alps
- King Valley - Fit for a King, Shed Show, La Dolce Vita Festival
- Rutherglen - A Day on the Green, Winery Walkabout.
- Winton - Winton Race way
- The Myrtleford Festival - held over the March long weekend celebrates the unique cultural history of the district celebrating its spirit and diversity while recognising and promoting the work of all involved in our local industries and communities
- Beechworth Harvest Festival - Held in May showcasing sublime regional food, wine and beer from more than 50 producers.
- Bright Spring Festival - A showcase festival of open gardens and a program of events to tantalise your senses this spring.
- Wandiligong Nut Festival - held in May in picturesque Wandiligong, on the outskirts of Bright. Held as part of the Bright Autumn Festival.
- Bright Autumn Festival - Held in April/May in Bright. The festival features Open Gardens & Chestnut Groves, Autumn Festival Ball, Apple Orchards & Deer Farms & Farm Tours, Lavender Farms, Guided Tours of Wandiligong, Brewery & Winery Tours, Evening Entertainment .
- The Myrtleford Show - Held in October this is one of the best country shows. Convenient parking & many extra attractions A day of wonder for the whole family!
- La Fiera - Held in Myrtleford in May the festivities commence with a grand and colourful Venetian Masquerade Ball and conclude ten days later with a Candlelight Parade and Fireworks Display .
- Yackandandah Folk Festival - Held In March, the aim of the festival is For everyone involved to have fun , To promote music-based community expression, to improve the quality of community life, to be inclusive of all members of the community to engender a feeling of community involvement, to create an on going festival that reflects the priorities and values of the community.
| Other activities in the region.
Murray to the Mountians Rail Trail - Located at our front door, the Murray to the Mountains Rail Trail is a great way to explore the area. www.railtrail.com.au
4 Wheel Drive Tours Through the High Country.
- Art Galleries
- Trout Farm
- Red Deer & Emu Farm
- Fly Fishing
- Mountain Bike Riding
- Snow Skiing (Mt Buffalo, Mt Hotham, Falls Creek)
- Wine & Cheese Tasting
- National Trust Villages
- Walking Trails
- Tourist Drives
- Craft Markets
- Historical Museums
- Fruit Farms
- Country Pubs
Your Hosts : Joe and Cathy LaSpina
Address : 161 Whorouly Road
Phone : 0357 271 310
Mobile : 0400149028